Friday, September 21, 2007

Hello Goodbye

So this pattern isn't going to work out with my baby cashmerino yarn either. Gauge is all wrong for the yarn... Texture is all wrong for the pattern... Nope, this pattern would be better paired with a different yarn.



But I did get something out of the experience... I learned how to do the I-cord cast-on! I love this cast-on. It's hard to capture on film/pixel/whatever, but it creates a nice smooth, rounded-puff edge. Very cute.



Goodbye Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino. We're only parting temporarily, until I can find a suitable pattern to showcase your defined texture properly. Hello Lion Brand Nature's Choice organic cotton (In walnut and almond. How ...natural and organic-sounding :P ) I don't usually put any stock in the whole organic thing, but this yarn is SOFT. Like really, really soft. I will make a thick winter scarf out of you yet!

No comments: