Friday, March 14, 2008

Operation Button

I've moved onto a new project. A fingerless mitt camo-along got started on Ravelry so I went out and bought some Red Heart camo yarn. I'm generally not a fan of their stuff, but it was either that or Bernat (which I would have preferred), and the Bernat camo looked more stripey than camo-y. So in the end I had to go with the Red Heart. I read somewhere that the yarn softens up if you wash it, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Anyway, here's what I have at the moment. I got sick of DPNs from the last fingerless mitts that I did (which I actually haven't finished yet... nor have I completed any of the projects from my last post... -_- ), so I thought it would be a cute idea to have it button up. I actually had this one completed and bound off everything, but I realized that I did the button-holes wrong!! So I unraveled about half of it and started again. Isn't it cute though? I'm glad that I decided to knit flat, because the edges have more of a camo look, versus the middle which just comes out stripey. This is actually my first time working with a striped yarn, so it's an interesting experience.



So yesterday I went button-hunting. Had to find the perfect buttons for my wristwarmers. I didn't know exactly what I was looking for, but I knew I would know immediately once I found them. Made a trip to Daytona for size 8 DPNs and figured I might as well take a quick look around the store before heading over to M & J for their huge button selection. But just as I was about to leave, something caught my eye, and there you go, I found my buttons. Mission accomplished!

No comments: